Informace o předmětu
Please follow the English version for up to date informations.
Subject is taught in winter semester only.
Weekly load: 2 hour lecture/week + 2 hour seminar /week
Main aim of course is giving basic information about the structure and properties of the building materials and about their testing methods on the base of the contemporary knowledge and materials engineering approach. The laboratory work (exercise) consists in the testing of building materials from the point of view of physically - chemical properties and their quality control.
- Lectures in winter semester 2023/2024 will be held in room A 229, Friday 8.00 (or online via MS Teams according to the actual situation)
- Lectures summary
- Sign in MS Teams (for online teaching):
- login: firstname.lastname@example.org + Password CTU
- Team: BXXX-123BM01
Seminars in winter semester 2023/2024: Friday 10:00, A336 + laboratories or online via MS Teams
Content of seminars:
- 5 laboratory lessons
- 4 theoretical seminars
- 2 calculation exercises
Programme of seminars in winter semester 2023/2024
The laboratory reports and students prezentation will be uploaded to Moodle (https://moodle-vyuka.cvut.cz/, SSO login).
- in laboratories (according Programme)
- preparation for the lesson according instructions + short test
Direct download of instructions and forms for laboratory lessons:
LAB 1:Testing of Cement -part I. Textbook - Chapter 12
LAB 2: Testing of Aggregates. Textbook - Chapter 14
LAB 3: Testing of Cement - part II. Textbook - Chapter 13
LAB 4: Modulus of Elasticity. Textbook - Chapter 15
LAB 5 + 6: Tensile strength + Thermal Conductivity. Textbook - Chapter 16
Seminar S1: Materials for vertical bearing structures
Seminar S2: Materials for horizontal constructions, roofs and claddings.
Seminar S3: Materials for thermal insulations.
Seminar S4: Materials for waterproofing and coatings.
- participation at seminars 75 % (i.e. 9 lessons) - attendance will be checked
- absence at laboratory lessons with leave only - substitution according to the teachers instruction (absence without leave - no assesment)
- in time upload of presentation to Moodle (one week before online presentation)
- successful presentation at the relevant theoretical seminar
- in the case of your absence or insufficient presentation the larger essay will be required
- 5 correct test protocols in Moodle
- The only allowed test aid
- Somayaji, S.: Civil engineering materials. 2nd ed. - Prentice Hall, 2001
- Soutsos M., Domone, P.: Construction Materials. Their Nature And Behaviour, Taylor &Francis Group; 2017, ISBN 9781498741101.
- Mouton, Yves: Organic Materials in Civil Engineering, ISTE Ltd. 2006, ISBN: 978-1-905-20911-8
- Haimei Zhang: Building Materials in Civil Engineering. Woodhead Publishing 2011, ISBN 978-1-84569-955-0
- Aitcin, P., C., High Performance Concrete (Modern Concrete Technology), CRC Press 1998, ISBN-13: 978-0419192701
Soubory ke stažení
- Guidelines for presentation upload (778.12 kB)
- Calculations with results (417.51 kB)
- General information about exam (19.36 kB)
- Programme 2023/24 (95.57 kB)
- Presentation themes (23.76 kB)
- Presentation rules (25.77 kB)
- Instructions L1 (64.39 kB)
- Instructions L2 (22.07 kB)
- Instructions L4 (51.71 kB)
- Instructions L5+6 (15.84 kB)
- Chapter 12 (268.86 kB)
- Chapter 13 (667.75 kB)
- Chapter 14 (448.56 kB)
- Chapter 15 (484.64 kB)
- Chapter 16 (167.45 kB)
- Calculations 1 (17.49 kB)
- Calculations 2 (63.33 kB)
- Test aid (316.46 kB)